Comfort Food ~ Redesigned to fit your MACRO’s
Fueling your body with clean choices can get more than boring!! It’s been a rainy – blah day here in Michigan, which led me on a search into my Pinterest account for some comfort foodspiration!! Million Dollar Spaghetti – A pin I have looked at a dozen times over the last few months jumped out at me. Now keep in mind, I am not a pasta person anymore, not because I don’t love it but because the gluten does not always agree with me.
So the question became… how can I turn this HIGH fat, calorie DENSE meal into a Skinny version & pack it with PROTEIN? I took some time to examine the ingredient list, calculate the macros & come up with a plan. After removing an ENTIRE stick of BUTTER, sour cream & substituting lower fat options the Skinny Million Dollar Spaghetti was BORN!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or spray a 8×8 pan with PAM.
- Boil noodles according to package, drain and stir with a drizzle of olive oil so they don’t stick together.
- In a stand mixer combine cream cheese (softened), cottage cheese, and greek yogurt. Mix well and set aside. * I added garlic powder, S&P and 2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- Brown ground beef until no longer pink. Drain if needed & add a jar of marinara sauce and stir.
- Begin by layering half of the noodles in the bottom of your greased pan.
- Layer on the cream cheese mixture. & spread evenly to cover pasta.
- Top with remaining noodles.
- Spread marinara sauce with ground beef over top.
- Bake for 30 minutes then sprinkle with cheese and return to oven for another 15 minutes.
- Let cool before slicing.
Nutritional info per serving:
Calories 344, Protein 25grams, Carbs 28grams , Fat 15grams
I feel this recipe is very adaptable… if you’re not a fan of cheddar cheese, swap it for Mozzarella or even Parmesan. Also easily doubled to fit a 9×13 pan.
*If you want to freeze this, double wrap the casserole in heavy duty foil with instructions written on top. Thaw over night in fridge and top with cheese the last 15 minutes as directed.
I hope you enjoy my Skinny Million Dollar Spaghetti!!
*If you are loving my SKINNY recipe selection ~ Check out my Survival Guide to SKINNY Summer Cocktails! I know you will love the tips & recipes!
Click picture to get instant access to ebook!