Balancing it all…That is the question!
Life can be so hard to juggle at times, your family, your responsibilities, your job.. the 5 Million things we do as Moms, Wives, Domestic Engineer’s!
We, as Woman tend to put ourselves, our health & our overall inner being on the back burner. Then all at once, the reality of that hits us square in the face!! It can be a HUGE eye-opener & can be quite sobering. You can be faced with disappointment & feeling overwhelmed, realizing that you are off track in so many areas. So how do we balance it all & still make time for ourselves?
I want to share some simple daily things that have helped me keep myself organized & pretty on track during the busiest & most hectic times of year.
- Clean & organize pantry & fridge once per week.
- Prep some clean/healthy snacks to grab on the go.
- Plan & prep meals for a few days at a time instead of cooking every day.
- Make a Daily/Weekly TO DO list with Appointments & Bill Due dates.
- Take 20 minutes in the morning to go thru & do a quick pick up & Clean Sweep. A quick dusting & swifter can make a big difference.
- Doing all regular errands in a certain part of town at once (bank, post office, dry cleaner, grocery store) so you are not back & forth 10x’s a week.
- Eat small meals every 2-3 hours.
- Avoid processed food & excess sugar.
- Staying well hydrated, 64+ oz of water daily.
- Have a goal to workout, go for a walk or do yoga at least 3x’s a week.
- Don’t deprive yourself of enjoying the Holidays: desserts, drinks & small cheats are OK… in MODERATION. For desserts, “I think 3 bites” That is enough to satisfy without going overboard.
- Try to get enough sleep!! Yes, that is a hard one but it can make the biggest difference. For me the magic number is 8 hours, doesn’t always happen but it makes a difference!
Take TIME for YOU.. this is more important than you think!
Schedule time to “unplug”… read a book, take a bath, get a massage.
Toss the yoga pants & pony tail!! Yes, you heard me.
Really, I understand… I am totally guilty of having day old make up on, wearing PJ’s to drop my son off at school and wearing workout clothes most days!
Take the time to get dressed in something that makes you feel Amazing… even if that’s your favorite jeans & fun sparkly top! Put on some pretty earrings & that amazing lipstick you are saving! I promise your Outlook, your Mood & your Attitude WILL change!
I hope in some way, this helps you stay on track & make time for you!